National Law University Odisha
National Law University Odisha was established in 2008 in Odisha to impart quality legal education. With its progressive curricula and quality teaching, National Law University Odisha (NLUO) has made its mark in the field of legal education. Its curricula is designed in such a way as to develop courses for advanced learning in legal subjects.
Mission and Vision of National Law University Odisha (NLUO)
- Advancement of learning, teaching, research, diffusion of knowledge in the field of law;
- Catering to the needs of society by developing the professional skills of those intending to take up the professions of advocacy, judicial services, legal services, and so on.
- Taking inspiration from this, the University identifies and pledges adherence to the following objectives:
- To develop in the students and scholars social and scientific research skills for enhancing a sense of responsibility to serve society as committed advocates and also develop skills relating to the profession of law;
- To advance the professional education in convergence with knowledge of other related disciplines so as to provide adequate orientation and training including facilities of continuing education to law teachers, judicial officers, advocates and other persons in the civil society engaged or interested in legal field involved in the administration of justice;
- To organize lecturers, seminars, symposia and conferences, to promote legal knowledge, and to transform law and legal processes into efficient instruments of social development;
- To hold examinations and confer degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions; and
- To undertake all such things as are incidental, necessary or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objects of the University, as an institution of higher learning and research and an institution of excellence.
Courses in National Law University Odisha (NLUO)
National Law University, Odisha provides a five year-integrated B.A.LL.B programme that combines education in law along with social sciences which has five arts subjects (Political Science, Sociology, Economics, English and Mass Communication). Click here
for more on BA.LLB
The National Law University, Odisha also provides a five-year B.B.A.LL.B which combines law with undergraduate level business administration. The law subjects that are studied in conjunction with business administration include Principles and Practices of Management, Financial Markets and Institutions, Cost and Management Accounting, Marketing, Corporate Accounting, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management. Click here
for more on BBA. LLB
NLUO offers one-year LL.M. degree in Corporate & Commercial Law, Constitutional Law. This programme provides a platform for high-calibre students to acquire expertise in specialized subject areas informed by highly experienced, research-led teaching. Click here
for more on LLM programme
Research Centres in NLUO
A law school cannot suffice without a well stocked library. It is the lifeline of NLUO. 6 years since inception, the library of NLUO is one of the best. The resources are constantly updated to keep abreast of recent developments. NLUO has subscribed to a number of national as well as international databases. Currently, there are more than 13000 books and subscribes to more than 85 journals and magazines.
Objectives of NLUO
- To provide the best possible library atmosphere for the University academic community;
- To provide a state-of-the-art information storage, retrieval and dissemination service;
- To assist the future lawyers and the faculty members in their teaching and learning activity by ensuring availability of high quality research resources;
- To provide the advantage of information technology to the legal fraternity;
- To cultivate the open access culture and thereby to ensure the sharing of available information from various legal and other libraries around the world.
National Law University Odisha
Address: Kathajodi Campus
Sec – 13,CDA
Phone: +91 671 2338018
Fax: +91 671 2338004