Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology
Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT) Odisha was established on July 2009. It was earlier known as the University College of Engineering, Burla. The history of VSSUT goes back to 12th August 1956 which was the first engineering college under Utkal University and responsible for nurturing engineers over decades. The conducive environment of the University helped the University take pivotal roles in the reconstruction, modernization, and administration of the society.
The strong alumni of the University occupies coveted positions in many educational, industrial and research organizations all over the world. The engineering graduates have contributed substantially to the infrastructural development of Odisha.
VSSUT has constantly kept itself abreast with the latest developments through research and education facilities. It has a fully operational laboratory, central facilities like computer centre and hostels. The syllabus is updated at regular intervals keeping an eye to the advancements in technology and need of the industries so as to maintain the level of technical education at par with other institutes of international repute. The University has infrastructures for all the indoor and outdoor games.
Mission of VSSUT
- The Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Odisha, Burla strives to create values and ethics in its products by inculcating depth and intensity in its education standards and need based research through
- Participative learning in a cross-cultural environment that promotes the learning beyond the class room.
- Collaborative partnership with industries and academia within and outside the country in learning and research.
- Encouraging innovative research and consultancy through the active participation and involvement of all faculty members.
- Facilitating technology transfer, innovation and economic development to flow as natural results of research where ever appropriate.
- Expanding curricula to cater broader perspectives.
- Creation of service opportunities for upliftment of the society at large
Programmes in VSSUT
The following academic programmes are available at VSSUT
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Master of Technology(M.Tech)
- Master of Science(M.Sc.)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil)
- Master in Computer Application(MCA)
- Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.)
Admissions to various B.Tech. and B.Arch. programmes are done from the merit list published by JEE Main. Admission to various M.Tech. , M.Sc. and M.Phil programmes offered are conducted by University. However, the students to B.Tech (LE) as well as MCA Programme get admitted through Orissa Joint Entrance Examination(OJEE) conducted by Government of Odisha. All the engineering courses of the University are AICTE approved. The University has a QIP Centre for Ph.D. programmes in engineering disciplines. The University admits full time Scholars to the Ph.D. Programmes in Engineering disciplines as well as in the field of Applied Sciences.
The University offers the following specializations under the B.Tech. Programme:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production Engineering
Departments in Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology
Training and Placement Section of VSSUT
The Training and Placement section of VSSUT plays a very important role in counseling and guiding the students for a career after University. It helps in placing students in some of the reputed companies of India.
More than 50 reputed National and Multinational companies visit VSSUT for campus recruitment annually. 100% of the students secure job offers before they complete their programme of studies and leave the University.
Scholarships of VSSUT
Students of this University can accept financial assistance from all recognized sources so long as the conditions imposed by the donors for continued acceptance of such aids are not violated. For list of scholarships, click here
VSUUT library is the largest technical library of the State. The library started functioning in its newly constructed building since July, 1997. Currently, the library has more than 70,000 volumes including Photostat and microfilms. About 70% of the total collection is of Engineering disciplines and balance 30% is of Science, Humanities and General reference type.
VSS University of Technology