- Fakir Mohan University
Fakir Mohan University
The Government of Odisha established Fakir Mohan University in Vyasa Vihar Balasore in 1989. The University imparts higher education learning in various Arts and Science courses. Though the University is currently operating from its campus in Vyasa Vihar, Balasore, fully computer based PG departments have started operating from its new campus in Nuapadhi.
Mission of Fakir Mohan University
It has following missions through which it seeks to stimulate and promote professional competency among the students & faculty
- To provide opportunities to students and faculty to acquire higher qualification and experience.
- To provide continuous learning opportunities for students, faculty, staff and working professionals.
- To provide wide scope for research, design and development.
- To provide consultancy relevant to areas of specialization and expertise.
- To provide scope for practicing innovative teaching and learning methods.
- To provide access to the best intellectual resources.
- To encourage college and other institutions to develop coordination in academic and research activities of common interest including rudimentary research exposure to undergraduate students.
- To promote University-Industry-Government interface.
- To help institutions to take active interest in the development of rural areas and weaker sections of society by transpiring appropriate technology and providing follow up action.
- To serve as a centre for generation and provide opportunities for exchanging ideas among institutions, research organizations and the state Government, so as to promote entrepreneurial culture among students and to assist them through expertise available in the institutions.
- To help mobilize resources through Alumni, Users, Social Workers, Philanthropists and other organizations both from within and outside India.
- To promote research and development of sophisticated laboratories, Institute Chairs, Scholarships, Fellowships, Prizes, Medals, organize special lectures, seminars, conferences, workshops, etc.
- To devise schemes and methods for effective periodic evaluation of performance of projects, faculties, staff and students, internal evaluation through Academic and Administrative Audit Committees (AAAC) and the NAAC.
- To take steps for facilitating appropriate environment in the institutions of education to achieve harmonious relationship among teachers, students and staff.
- To take up special programmes for developing institutions, and enabling them to join the main stream of national life.
- To promote healthy competitions among projects, programmes, centres and colleges which will be conducive to the creation of an acclaimed quality brand image of F.M. University.
Departments and Courses in Fakir Mohan University
Bio-Science & Bio-Technology
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Sc BioScience(Botany/Zoolgy)
- M. Sc in Environmental Science
Information & Communication Technology
- M.A. in Population Studies
Applied Physics & Ballistics
- M. Sc ( Applied Physics & Ballistics )
- M.A. in Pol Science
- M.A. in Economics
- M.A. in Sociology
Language & Literature
- M.A. in Odia
- M.A. in English
- M.A. in Urdu
Admission in Fakir Mohan University
Admission to MBA and MTech cpurses is through Odisha Joint Entrance Exam and for MPhil it is through entrance exam conducted by the University.
Fakir Mohan University
Jnana Vijnan Vihar,