- Bse Odisha
Board of Secondary Education (BSE) Cuttack, Odisha
The Board of Secondary Education (BSE) Cuttack, Odisha is administering authority of Secondary Education in Odisha. Its an independent institution and comes under the purview of Ministry of Education of Government of Odisha. The BSE Odisha is responsible to provide recognition to institutions and schools and conduct following examinations:
- High School Certificate (HSC) Examination / Matriculation
- Teachers' Certificate Examination / CT Examination
- Certificate course in Physical Education Examination / CPEd
- Prathama Certificate Examination
- Madhyama Certificate Examination
- Middle School Scholarship / National Rural Talent Scholarship Examination
The BSE Odisha has following main functions regarding Secondary Education Administration
- Administration of High School Certificate Examinations (H.S.C.E.) and other courses examinations
- Develop courses, text books, and teaching materials etc.
- Publish and distribute for different classes school text books, syllabuses, lesson notes, work books and other helpful materials.
- Award certificate of examinations and produce equivalence certificate to the examinations administered by other State Boards.
- Identify and fix the secondary schools for different examinations of the Board.
- Prepare rule regulations regarding different functions of the Board.
- Administration of Orientation Programmes, Refresher Courses and other academic programmes to help secondary education development.
For smooth and effective functioning the BSE Odisha has Zonal Head Offices in following cities; Cuttack served as Central Zone; the jurisdiction of each zone is given within against it.
- Cuttack (Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Cuttack Dhenkanal and Angul)
- Bhubaneswar (Puri, Khurda and Nayagarh)
- Balasore (Balasore and Bhadrak)
- Baripada Zone ~ Functioning at Balasore Zone (Mayurbhanj and Keonjhar)
- Berhampur (Ganjam, Kandhamal Gajapati, Boudh, Koraput , Nowrangpur, Malkanagir and Rayagada)
- Sambalpur (Sundargarh, Sambalpur, Jharsuguda, Deogarh, Baragarh, Bolangir, Sonepur, Kalahandi and Nuapada)
- Koraput (Koraput,Jaypur)
Zonal offices facilitates the board, schools, institutions, students, parents and teachers in easy connectivity. For example if you are an state school in Puri, you need to reach to Bhubneshwar Zonal office for all administrative purposes.